You may have noticed last month, that I ran a really lovely (in my opinion!) competition where bloggers wrote about their desks and recent makeovers to be in with a chance of winning £500 made.com vouchers. Well the entries were fabulous and you can see them all in this post here.
I must admit it did take me ages to choose the winner, I even had to enlist a little objective help to ensure I wasn’t being drawn by my personal likes. Some of the entries linked up in my #LoveYourHome linky too, and you can see my favourites from the image I used there.
The Winner, Ruth from The Planned Adventure was thrilled to be chosen and I loved her entry for various reasons. It was full of originality, creativity and style, and I loved the way she had a story for each of her featured pieces.
Ruth has very kindly said I can use some of her images, and even granted me an interview, telling us more about her desk space. Over to Ruth.
- Thanks for taking part in the competition. What was it that really inspired you to show us your desk landscape, apart from the awesome prize of course?
- I loved the creative element to the competition, it seemed like a fun idea and since I’d only very recently revamped my desk I thought it was perfect timing!
- How long have you had your desk like this?
- It’s only been a month or so, as I took my time gathering my favourite pieces and making it feel like ‘me’. The room was painted a while ago, then the furniture was added – but it was only the completion of the gallery wall that made it feel complete.
- You mention that you take inspiration from Pinterest, is this your only source or do you have others that you turn to?
- Pinterest is one of my favourite places to find inspiration, but I love magazines too – I buy so many each month and am always inspired by the beautifully styled homes. My favourite part of any magazines are the real homes tours, I love seeing how others style their homes.
- How did the makeover change how you work on a daily basis?
- Before I had this desk space I often worked sat on my bed or the sofa, which wasn’t very helpful for doing good work! Now I have a set place to go and work, and I can keep my things together and have them all close by. Now that I’ve created a happy, inspiring place, it means that as soon as I sit at my desk I’m raring to get to work.
- Could you pick just one favourite item from your workspace? Why, that one?
- I think it would be my Rifle Paper Co weekly planner. I keep it on my desk to plan out my days. I plan everything from work, to meals and gym visits – so that nothing is forgotten!
This Competition was run by British Gas Business who very kindly donated the prize.
The BEST Homes and Interiors Shops
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!