Hello and welcome again to another Moodboard Monday! I get so excited about these posts; it really is my favourite part of the fortnight. Thank you to those of you who linked up with us last time to share your ‘Purple’ boards, it’s so great to see everyone’s different interpretation, and the way you put your moodboards together.
And so on to this week, where the theme is Autumn Trends. Mummylish and I thought this would be a great theme this time, giving you the chance to share fashion, beauty, interiors, or children’s activities even, following the change in the season. I was torn, I have to admit, on what kind of Moodboard to create this week, but decided in the end to stick with home interiors. I’ve been researching new products quite a bit over the last few weeks for our new dining room project, so thought I’d use a little of what I’d gathered for this Polyvore collage.
There were so many pieces or looks I could have gone with for this Moodboard, but I decided to keep it modern and metro, rocking the urban living look!
- Walls – statement, feature walls are still popular and don’t be afraid to really go for it. You can always take it down later!
- Colours – stick with a neutral or white base and add vibrant accent colours through accessories and textiles.
- Lighting – tripod lamps are everywhere. Go for polished chrome, wooden legs, or funky film set lights like this one I’ve chosen here. Just one piece like this can transform a room.
- The Salvage, vintage inspired curiosity shop style is also everywhere and this clock represents that look brilliantly. The rusty, autumnal colours of these items work well with this autumn look. Add just one or two if you don’t want to overload your room.
- Word wall art is also very popular with vintage style framed prints and map canvases taking centre stage. Choose a few pieces and mix with others in similar frames for a fantastic unique wall collage.
- Animal accessories, like this textured woollen stag head (which I’m totally loving!) can really create a talking point in a room, and adds an element of fun.
- And finally I’ve chosen some very modern, clean lined furniture, in white gloss and dark grey to really give the Moodboard its modern, contemporary feel.
What do you think of home interiors Autumn trends this year? Are you itching to makeover a room ready for the colder weather?
Bloggers please do join up with us. You can follow the theme if you want inspiration, or create something completely different. The rules are below, and don’t forget to grab the Moodboard Monday badge from the sidebar!
Moodboard Monday is a fortnightly feature where we create a moodboard inspired by a certain theme. The linky is also run by Mummylish over at LISH Concepts. But that’s not all…. Moodboard Monday is also open to you!
- Create your own Moodboard by either following the theme this week or using your own ideas. The Linky will be open for 2 weeks.
- You can create your Moodboard any way you like, with an actual magazine collage scanned in or photographed or using the computer ie. photoshop, picmonkey, olioboard or Polyvore. You could even use a selection of photos/images in your blog post separately to create your Moodboard.
- You may want to focus on interiors one week and fashion the next, you may want to use your own photography or images – anything goes, feel free!
- If you would like some ideas about how to create your moodboards check out the LISH tutorial on How to create the perfect moodboard.
- Post your Moodboard on your own blog and then link up below.
- You can also link up at the LISH Concepts Moodboard Monday feature too.
- Grab the Moodboard Monday button from the sidebar and include it in your blogpost.
- Comment on others that have linked up and share some Moodboard Monday love!
The BEST Homes and Interiors Shops
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!