Welcome back to Moodboard Monday! This week we’re taking a slightly different view on our linky as I’m going to tell you about something very new and very exciting.
Love Chic Living Consults is a brand new service that I’m going to be launching in the New Year where I’m offering inspiration and advice for any room revamps or mini makeovers you may be undertaking in your home. Whether you need help with a new colour scheme, inspiration on updating accessories, or you just want to find some new curtains, the Love Chic Living Consults service will be there to guide you. More of that to come in January but we’ve been honing our skills a little recently and helping out another blogger do up her home.
Becky from Family Budgeting is giving her living room a pre-Christmas revamp and I’ve been giving some advice and guidance on how to make the most of the room. Remember when we first started Moodboard Monday we talked about choosing 5 words that best describe the look and feel that you want to create? Well Becky was very clear with her words:
Warm, Cosy, Modern Vintage, Sophisticated, Primary Colours
Immediately you start to get a picture of how she wants the room to be. It’s a family room, filled with books, toys and memories and she wants to retain this, but update it and give it more of a wow factor. It always helps when there’s a starting point for a colour scheme or design, and for many of us this tends to be based around the larger pieces of furniture as they’re the most expensive to replace. In Becky’s case, the red sofas are staying and, as she loves her primary colours, and yellow in particular this is the colour palette we’re working with.
And so to this week’s Moodboard. This is the inspiration for Becky’s new Living Room which I’ve called Sunny Sophistication:
Becky wants her room to be sunny and bright and you can see from the Moodboard that we’re looking at warm, rich colours for the walls; toning colours that harmonise with the red sofas. Several of these items were pulled together from Achica, the online Lifestyle Store, and are some of Becky’s favourites. Items like the rug and prints help to pull the scheme together, bringing it to life and adding a little fun.
This is the just the beginning for the Baby Budgeting mini makeover, but the Moodboard provides the basis from which to build on. Most of us don’t go out and buy a whole new room in one go, mainly because that’s too expensive, but also because we often need to live with the basics before gaining new inspiration for extra accessories. I think we often find long lost items in other parts of the house, that when brought into the newly revamped room, take on a new lease of life. A recent wall gallery created in my Dining Room revamp is a point in case. However you choose to bring together a new room scheme, the end result has to be something you really love. If it isn’t, move things around and keep trying.
If you would like to link up this week, the rules and instructions are below. Why not do a makeover moodboard using Polyvore or PicMonkey, or show us your Christmas moodboards perhaps? All I ask is that you grab the badge from the sidebar and comment on another post to show some sharing love.
Moodboard Monday is a fortnightly feature where we create a moodboard inspired by a certain theme. The linky is also run by Mummylish over at LISH Concepts. But that’s not all…. Moodboard Monday is also open to you!
- Create your own Moodboard by either following the theme this week or using your own ideas. The Linky will be open for 2 weeks.
- You can create your Moodboard any way you like, with an actual magazine collage scanned in or photographed or using the computer ie. photoshop, picmonkey, olioboard or Polyvore. You could even use a selection of photos/images in your blog post separately to create your Moodboard.
- You may want to focus on interiors one week and fashion the next, you may want to use your own photography or images – anything goes, feel free!
- If you would like some ideas about how to create your moodboards check out the LISH tutorial on How to create the perfect moodboard.
- Post your Moodboard on your own blog and then link up below.
- You can also link up at the LISH Concepts Moodboard Monday feature too.
- Grab the Moodboard Monday button from the sidebar and include it in your blogpost.
- Comment on others that have linked up and share some Moodboard Monday love!
The BEST Interior Stores in one Place!
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!
Download the FREE Guide now.
I understand that by downloading the guide I may receive direct marketing material in relation to interiors and lifestyle brands and products.