At a party the other night, I was asked what I do. I didn’t tell them about the blogging to begin with but went with the more
understood accepted reasonable reply of ‘I run a Baby Sign Language business’. Now, because I’d had a glass of wine or two, and was feeling rather brave, I started describing my other passion – Blogging about Home Interiors! The tumbleweed rolled and the conversation was killed. They were great people though, and the silence wasn’t induced by horror but more (I like to think) by their lack of awareness and understanding of what this blogging lark is all about.
I know they are not alone, so if you are new to Blogs, and maybe visiting for the first or second time here’s my Quick Blog Guide to help you ‘get’ what on earth is going on here.
- What you are initially looking at is a Home Page that contains lots of articles or posts in reverse date order, i.e. the most recent one is at the top.
- There are many posts as I’m publishing them around 5 or 6 times a week and to view a post, just click on it’s title. The new ones will appear at the top of the Home Page.
- If you like what you see you may like to Subscribe to my Blog. Back on the home page, enter your email address into the box below the words ‘Subscribe – Email’. I won’t bombard you I promise. You will then just receive an email once I publish a new article. You can follow the link to read it in full if you like the taster.
- Blogs thrive when readers leave comments. It’s great to know you’ve been here and even better to know what you thought. From the Home Page, on each post you will see a little speech bubble near the title – just click on it and enter your comment. Alternatively once you enter the post you can leave a reply at the bottom of the page. You will need to leave your name and email address (the latter is not published of course) and I always try to reply to the comments that you leave.
- Take a look at my Blog Roll on the right hand side of the Home Page, and click through to read a few of my favourite blogs to get a better feel for this blogging lark. There are some great parenting blogs there, as well as some lovely home interior ones too.
- All of the posts are categorised, ‘Wallpaper Wednesday’ for example, and you can access each category from the Menu at the top of the Home Page or from the category lists on the right hand side bar.
So why am I doing this then? Well I’ve said a little about that in the About Me page but there’s more I guess.
- There’s a thriving, exciting community of parent bloggers out there all sharing, blogging, and writing, that feels good to be part of.
- I love home interiors and interior design, and I love writing. I’ve brought the two together to fulfill a passion really.
- I am fundamentally business minded, and I hope that in time Love Chic Living will make some money for me. Watch this space if you want to see if that happens.
- I’m hoping to improve my skills and learn more about blogging, the writing, the technical side and the community at a Blogging event exclusively for women called Cybher 2012. I’m also looking for sponsorship to attend this event so if anyone is interested then take a look at my Sponsorship page for more information.
- Sharing, communicating, and interacting with a wider network of people is FUN!
Blogging is good for the soul – I highly recommend it!
I hope that explains a little about what I’m doing and about what you’re seeing. If it doesn’t just leave me a comment, a query or a question and I’ll do my best to help.
The BEST Interior Stores in one Place!
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!
Download the FREE Guide now.
I understand that by downloading the guide I may receive direct marketing material in relation to interiors and lifestyle brands and products.