I’ve been longing to do a DIY Instagram Wall Display for ages now, and finally I’ve manged to put it together.
Inspired by those I’ve seen on Pinterest, and previously collated into my Pinterest Wall Art board, I’ve had some of my favourite instagram snaps printed by Square Snaps, into polaroids actually, and put them together in a display in our dining room.
I would like to share how I’ve done it, so you can avoid the mistakes I made, and if you pop to the bottom of the post, I also have a fantastic giveaway of 1oo Square Snaps polaroid prints so you can give it a go too.
How to Create a DIY Instagram Wall Display:
There are lots of layouts you can use of course, to create your display, but having printed my set of polaroids from Square Snaps, I decided on something simple and cost-effective. I know they won’t last forever, but they’re really good quality, so I know they’ll be fine for a year or two.
1. Print your Snaps
I used Square Snaps, who gifted me my two sets of polaroid prints, 54 in total for just under £20. It was incredibly simple, connecting to my Instagram account, and allowing me to select my favourites. I just hit print, and a couple of days later they arrived.
2. Choose your Spot
Sounds simple, but you need a decent space to really allow your display to shine. I had a wall in the dining room/den that I wasn’t completely happy with and wanted to liven it up a little. The old ‘Live Love Laugh’ signs came down to make way for the new display.
3. Perfect your Layout
Well this is down to complete personal preference of course, but once I’d decided on a 6×9 layout of the polaroids, I started grouping them by style and type. So, a row of the children, a row of food and drink, a row of interiors and so on, but it just didn’t look right. It looked forced and overstyled, so my daughter and I spent another 15 minutes ‘randomising’ them again! And they look much better. I think they reflect my Instagram feed much better this way, and I’ll be able to add to them easily, if I want to.
4. Measure Up
I spent some time with a spirit level and pencil marking out the top lines and the gaps in between each print. In my case, I wanted a 2.5cm gap between each on the sides and top to bottom, and the straight pencil line helped me keep them all straight.
5. Start Sticking
To begin with I used a double-sided sticky tape. I knew this wouldn’t damage the wall and a piece in each corner of the print would keep them flat. BUT… half an hour later and a few started to fall off. I left them for a while to see what happened, but after lunch, they’d all fallen off.
Plan B! I used sticky pads, cut into small portions and added to each corner. They peel from the wall ok, but are strong enough to keep the prints in place. Four days later, and they’re all still on the wall!
6. Stand Back and Admire
This is the best bit. Admire your hand work and bask in the joy of looking at some of your favourite moments captured on Instagram. I’m hooked, I have to admit, and can’t wait to print more and add to the display.
WIN 100 Polaroid Prints worth £37 from Square Snaps
If you’d like to get some of your favourite Instagram photos printed out on these great looking polaroid prints, why not enter our giveaway. All you need to do is:
Share a photo of some favourite wall art from your home onto Instagram.
Tag @lovechicliving and @square_snaps and use the hashtag #lovemywalls
Then follow @lovechicliving on Instagram
and follow @square_snaps on Instagram
If you want to come back here and leave a comment letting us know you’ve done it, that would be great too!
Giveaway Closes: 11th February 2015 11.59pm
UK Entries Only
Terms and Conditions:
- The prize is 100 polaroid prints from Square Snaps. There is no cash alternative.
- Entrants must share a wall art photo from their home onto Instagram, tagging @lovechicliving and @square_snaps with a #lovemywalls hashtag.
- Entrants must also follow @lovechicliving and @square_snaps on Instagram
- All steps listed above must be followed to ensure the proper qualification into the giveaway.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Jen Stanbrook and Square Snaps.
- The giveaway closes on Wednesday 11th February 2015 11.59pm
- The winner will be chosen by random and contacted on Instagram.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 7 days or a new winner will be chosen
- The winner’s name will be available on request
- The prize will be given direct from Square Snaps within 28 days of receiving the winner’s details
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- This is a joint promotion between Love Chic Living and Square Snaps
- Love Chic Living’s decision is final
a href=”http://www.theprizefinder.com” title=”ThePrizeFinder.com – home of competitions and prize winning” target=”_blank”>Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/win-100-instagram-polaroid-prints-square-snaps#sthash.gXvFykt4.dpuf
The BEST Homes and Interiors Shops
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!