Welcome to a brand new week, and a brand new mini series.
All of this week, I’m giving over my blog to other bloggers allowing them to showcase their ideas and talents in writing home and interiors articles. I’m thrilled to be collaborating with these inspiring bloggers who all have great ideas and fabulous style.
First up, let me welcome Pamela from Life With Munchers, who has a great shop the trend post for outdoor living; perfect for the summer months. Enjoy!
ImageaImage: Solus Decor
With the warmer weather teasing us, it’s hard not to pause and think longingly about summer BBQ’s, entertaining and evenings watching the sun set with a glass of something relaxing.
With that in mind, the shops are bursting with home accessories to make our outdoor spaces an extension of the home. Somewhere we would happily spend our time and more in tune to the new British trend of making our outdoor spaces a room suitable for day to day enjoyment. So put the snappy metal deck chairs away and get your outdoor space Pinterest perfect this summer.
You don’t need to invest in a new furniture set… If you have an existing patio furniture set, then why not spruce it up with a set of comfortable seat pads and table cloth? These are everywhere at the moment and in an array of styles and colours to suit any taste.
Outdoor lighting is important for adding to the ambience in your space. Whether you opt for draping string lights around foliage or fence work, or you want to scatter lanterns around, you will not be stuck for choice in both high street stores and online boutiques. Just be sure to check that anything battery powered or electrical is suitable for outside use.
Bring your look together with an outdoor rug. These will not only add texture and colour to the area, but adds comfort and really knits the look together when making your garden an extension of your home.
No look would be complete without a few decorative accessories. Contemplate the style of your crockery, perhaps you want to go melamine for outdoors to minimise breakages (especially handy if you have kids around). Napkins, plants and floor cushions all help to finish off an outdoor space and make it one that you want to spend all your time in.
Now all we need is the weather and we are set!
GET THE LOOK
- Faux wall garden – Rockett St George £299 https://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/garden/all-garden/faux-vertical-garden-for-indoor-and-outdoor-use-55749-p.html
- Wooden Plant Ladder – Matalan £25 https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2641329/outdoor-wooden-plant-ladder-69cm-x-43cm-x-30cm
- Candle Lantern – H&M £12.99 http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0481644001.html#Natural
- Lobbak Rug – Ikea £59 http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/outdoor-textiles/lobb%C3%A4k-rug-flatwoven-in-outdoor-beige-art-60320715/
- Solar bulb lights – Tesco £10 https://www.tesco.com/direct/20-bulb-solar-string-lights/410-2304.prd?skuId=410-2304
- Outdoor Cushion – Ikea £9 http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/outdoor-textiles/gren%C3%B6-cushion-outdoor-dark-blue-beige-art-90344545/
- Jute Table Mat – H&M £6.99 http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0445986002.html#Natural
- Melamine beakers – Rockett St George £2.50 each https://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/gloss-coloured-melamine-cups-dark-mint.html
Pamela is an interiors & lifestyle blogger/vlogger over at Life With Munchers where she documents her everyday life, running a business from home and her journey renovating her 18th century farmhouse. She is a huge lover of industrial and scandi home style and regularly covers ‘shop the trend’ and ‘splurge vs save’ type posts. You can catch her over on Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube too.