Today it’s a very special Wallpaper Wednesday as I’m reviewing a Wall Mural I’ve been sent by JWWalls. We’ve installed it as part of the Dining Room Makeover Project and I’ve been so excited about sharing this for ages!
JW Walls is a Wall Mural design company that’s part of the larger Harlequin Design Group that has a history of producing all sorts of display products for some of the world’s greatest retail brands. They print a bespoke design wall covering specific to your measurements, ready for you to hang and install on your wall of choice. Once it’s printed it’s sent out to you with detailed, how to hang instruction.
When I was first invited to review a Wall Mural with JWWalls I was stunned at the choice of styles and designs available. Truly stunned. In fact, we were so overwhelmed with choice it took weeks to settle on the type of design we wanted. And I still pop back and take a peek at the range, there are literally hundreds to choose from so you’re bound to find something to your taste.
Here’s a small sample of some of my favourite Wall Murals from the site.
And this is the design that we have chosen to use. It’s called Coloured Circles and the website image and full design looks like this:
But the really clever bit is, during the order process after inputting your measurements, you are able to select the portion of the image that you would like printed for your wall, making it a truly unique wall covering. This is how we chose ours:
We’ve recently hung the Mural in our Dining Room and to find out how we got on take a look at the video. Hanging a wall mural is similar to hanging wallpaper but in some ways is simpler. See what you think:
Before we started we had reviewed the JWWalls instructions and also watched their ‘how to’ video too so we felt relatively confident about it. I thought it might be useful to add some tips and comments though from our experience to help anyone else who is going about the same thing.
- Do make sure you read the instructions carefully and watch the video to understand the difference between hanging a Wall Mural and hanging wallpaper
- Do use extra strong adhesive as the JWWall Mural is very thick and tough.
- Take your time and trust that the instructions will work.
- Measure your J length accurately. This is the measurement given in the instructions and your starting point for hanging your first piece.
- This wasn’t too difficult to do but I’d say you probably do need to have hung wallpaper before to give this a go. Mostly because it will be a costly mistake if it goes wrong.
- The overlap trimming seemed a little risky. The instructions do tell you how to go about it but we were concerned our blade wasn’t sharp enough to cut properly through 2 thick layers of paper so we decided to forego this stage. It hasn’t affected how the mural looks or appears on the wall.
- Give yourself plenty of time to hang it. Putting up each individual sheet was relatively straight forward but the trimming took longer than we anticipated, probably because we were really taking our time and wanting to get it right.
The JWWalls Wall Mural is a stunning wall covering of superb quality which we are thrilled to have had the opportunity to use. The design and overall appearance of the finished Mural is breathtaking and I can’t stop looking at it everytime I enter the room! It won’t be for everyone, but if you are looking for something a little bit different for your decor I urge you to take a look at JWWalls and give this a go. It will cost you a little more than a few rolls of good wallpaper but you will have a unique piece of art on your walls that will be the focal point of your room for years to come.
The JWWalls Coloured Circles Wall Mural starts from £97 for a 1.2m x 2.4m wall. The Mural we used cost £206. I would love to know what you think about this. Would it be for you or could you never go for something like this? Comment below and let’s see what everyone thinks!
Thank you to JWWalls for providing the Wall Mural free of charge for the purposes of this review. The opinons and comments I have expressed are genuine, honest and my own.
Linked up to The Ana Mum Diary Favourite post of 2012.
The BEST Homes and Interiors Shops
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!