Are you looking for some kitchen quotes? Perhaps you want to display some new wall decor, need a new kitchen wall decal or maybe you just want to reminisce over the room that inspires us all – the room that features as the heart of every home.
Well, if that’s the case, you’re in the right place. I have curated a selection of the most inspirational kitchen quotes which will make you laugh, invoke happy memories, and give you ideas for some new kitchen wall art. There are even quotes for kitchen aprons!
Then if you want to add some new kitchen wall art to your kitchen walls scroll to the bottom of this post where I’ve added in some free printables. These are great quotes for kitchen decor. All you have to do is download and print them off. Pop them in a frame – I’ve made some suggestions there too – and you have some ready made quotes for your kitchen walls!
Inspirational Kitchen Quotes
We all love to be inspired and there’s nothing like a good kitchen quote or saying to help you feel good. The kitchen is where we gather, where great memories are made, and where we create and enjoy food. It’s a place of happiness, fun and laughter as well as the hub of the home, so why not peruse my inspirational quotes for the kitchen, and see which make you feel good.
- Every good kitchen
- Bon appetite
- This kitchen is for dancing
- Nothing brings people together like good food
- Food tastes better when you eat it with your family
- Happiness is a small house with a big kitchen
- Eating is a necessity, but cooking is art
- A messy kitchen is a sign of happiness
- The secret ingredient, is always love
- Good food, good mood
- Scene of my first gastronomic adventure
- Welcome to our gathering place
- Chop it like it’s hot
- Cooking is love made visible
Famous Kitchen Quotes
Many famous poets, chefs and even Presidents have made famous quotes about the kitchen. Whether they love food, appreciate the kitchen space or simply find cooking and eating a joy – they all have something to say that’s worth reading. They’re more like kitchen life quotes to be honest, some are rather profound, so take a look and see which resonate with you.
In this list you’ll find some famous kitchen quotes by famous people and you might even fancy hanging one or two of them on your walls.
- If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen – Harry S. Truman
- People who love to eat, are always the best people – Julia Child
- Cooking is a philosophy, not a recipe – Marco Pierre White
- Kitchens should be designed around what’s truly important – food, fun and life – Daniel Boulud
- The more you cook, the healthier you will be – Rachael Ray
- Best way to get rid of kitchen odors. Eat out – Phyllis Diller
- If you can organize your kitchen you can organise your life – Louis Parrish
- Life is just too short to count calories forever – Debi Mazar
- The kitchen is the heart of every home, for the most part. It evokes memories of your family history – Debi Mazar
- Conversation is the enemy of good wine and food – Alfred Hitchcock
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well – Virginia Woolf
- A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness – Elsa Schiaparelli
- In the childhood memories of every good cook, there’s a large kitchen, a warm stove, a simmering pot and a mom – Barbara Costikyan
- Don’t eat til you’re full, eat til you’re tired – Andrew Zimmern
- Cooking is one of the strongest ceremonies for life – Laura Esquivel
- If you let too many cooks in the kitchen, it could cloud your vision of what you want to do – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- In the kitchen of your life, you have a choice as to what ingredients you want to use to build yourself up – Selorm Betepe Alfred
- There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of Parliament or the halls of academia, but in the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table – E. A. Bucchioneri
- No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers – Laurie Colwin
Funny Kitchen Quotes
If you need a funny quote for your kitchen walls then look no further! I’ve gathered the best selection of funny kitchen quotes and sayings that will really make you chuckle. Some are fun and family friendly, others come with a little warning – use your judgment.
Take a read and decide how you’re going to use these fabulous funny kitchen sayings for walls in your own home.
- Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy
- I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry
- Alexa, feed the kids
- Oh, crepe
- When life gives you lemons, drink gin
- Don’t go bacon my heart
- Eat like no one is going to see you naked
- I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere
- It’s 5 o’clock somewhere
- Happiness is knowing there’s cake in the oven
- Life is short, eat dessert first
- Dinner is ready, when the smoke alarm goes off
- Take out is my favourite recipe
- Great food is like great sex, the more you have the more you want
- Don’t be afraid to take whisks
- Life is what you bake it
Short Kitchen Quotes and Sayings
Sometimes we want some cute kitchen sayings that roll off the tongue with ease. These short kitchen quotes are just that, short and sweet. These short kitchen sayings would look perfect on your wall, on a chalkboard or even on your kitchen apron!
- Kiss the cook
- Roll with it
- But first coffee
- But first tea
- Eat Drink Love
- Happiness is homemade
- Be grateful
- Today’s Menu
Family Kitchen Quotes
It goes without saying that the kitchen is the heart of the home. And it’s where a family gathers, eats, socialises, cooks and creates some of the fondest memories they can. It is absolutely the best place to hang out, and the most used by all members of the family. So, it’s natural that you’d want to decorate your kitchen walls with quotes and sayings that represent your family in the best way. Here are some great quotes for kitchen walls.
- We are family
- The kitchen is the heart of the home
- The fondest memories are made when gathered around the table
- Kitchens bring family together
- Come gather at our table
Kitchen Motivational Quotes
Need some motivating? Hanging some great motivational kitchen quotes on your kitchen walls is a great way to improve your mood first thing in the morning. I’m a big fan of some typography wall art, and have lots of it around my own home, so I highly recommend adding a few of these kitchen motivational quotes to your kitchen wall to brighten your day.
- The kitchen is the heart of the home
- Nothing brings people together like good food
- Welcome to our kitchen
- Kitchens are made for bringing families together
- Meals and memories are made here
- Eat, drink and be merry
- Good food, good wine, good times
- Every day is a new adventure
Kitchen Rules Quotes
The rules of the kitchen make some of the best kitchen wall quotes. They make us stop and stare, help children understand what they can and can’t do in the kitchen, offer reminders and make us smile.
Here are some of our favorite kitchen rules quotes that keep us on the straight and narrow.
- My kitchen, my rules.
- Close the fridge
- Dirty dishes go in the dishwasher, not the sink
- Turn off the oven
- If you spill it, wipe it up
- If you cook it, share it
- If it smells, throw it away
- If it’s on, turn it off
- Eat your greens
- Keep your elbows off the table
- Compliment the chef
- Sit up straight
- Family and friends are welcome
- Don’t talk with your mouth full
- Cook with love
- Say please and thank you
- Wash your hands
- Try new foods
- Don’t eat with your mouth full
Sarcastic Kitchen Quotes
If you love a bit of sarcasm or dry wit then you’ll love these rather acerbic kitchen quotes I’ve gathered here. They’re not offensive, don’t worry, but will make you smile.
- Complaints to the cook can be hazardous to your health
- I don’t cook on days then end in Y
- No bitchin’ in my kitchen
- For fork’s sake
- The kitchen was cleaned last week, sorry you missed it
Kitchen Blessing Quotes
Feel like the kitchen is a blessing in your home? Why not say as much with some kitchen blessing quotes and hang them on the wall?
- Bless the Food
- Season with Love
- Be kind to the cook
- Welcome to our kitchen space
- Bless this Kitchen
- Bless the food before us, the family beside us and the love between us
Kitchen Apron Quotes
Everyone needs a good kitchen apron so why not have one printed with your favourite kitchen apron quote? These are usually quite fun and inspiring, and look good on any plain apron. Of course, you could take any kitchen sayings for walls and add them to an apron, but those below are rather specific to the joy of cooking.
- Always wear a pretty apron
- Queen of the kitchen
- Never trust a skinny chef
- Let’s bake cake
- Real men do dishes
- Where there’s a whisk there’s a way
- Bake it til you make it
- Best Baker Ever
- Today I will be mostly making a mess
- Mom’s kitchen helper
If you’d like to make a quote poster from your discoveries in our kitchen quotes and sayings list then feel free. You can do this in Canva (our favourite graphic design tool – and it’s free!) or you can select from the Printable Kitchen Quotes I’ve made below.
10 FREE KITCHEN QUOTES PRINTABLES
I’ve made some completely free printable kitchen sayings which you can download, print off in your own home and then frame for your kitchen walls.
In the download, you’ll find a selection of the best kitchen quotes from our list. They include famous quotes, funny sayings and some inspirational kitchen quotes which you can use for kitchen decor.
All are A4 size so all you need to do is click the link below to download and print them off at home.
Kitchen Quotes Frames
If you would like to add some frames to your Kitchen Quotes wall art, I’ve collated some of my favourites in the list below.
All of these are suitable for A4 prints.
1. A4 Black Poster Frame with Mount – simple and modern, with a good mount to help the quote stand out.
3. Large set of Black A4 Frames – great value for box of frames – never run out!
4. Real Oak A4 Frame with Glass Front – a beautiful, stylish option when you want a classic wood frame.
5. Gold A4 Frames Pack of 2 – ideal for a modern kitchen, when you want to create a small collage with your good kitchen quotes
So now you have some great kitchen design quotes and you may have even printed some out to hang on your walls. I would love to know what you think of them, or maybe if you have a favourite one that I’ve not mentioned. I’m particularly on the lookout for some messy kitchen quotes, so if you know some then do drop me a message.
** This post may contain affiliate links from which I will make a small commission if you click one and subsequently buy something. This does not affect the price you pay.
Check out the other posts in our Quotes and Sayings series
100 Funny Kitchen Quotes and Sayings
Add this to Pinterest to come back to later: