Check out these 17 very easy ways you can design a luxury hotel inspired home. Whether you want a boutique hotel looking bedroom, or a hotel quality bathroom, these practical no-nonsense ideas will really bring your home to life.
17 Easy Ways to Design a Luxury Hotel Inspired Home
- Update your bedding to the best quality sheets you can afford, keeping them clean and crisp. Whites and off-whites work best and feel most stylish in a luxury hotel bedroom.
- Keep the bedroom decor simple and neutral with stylish accessories and tasteful art to encapsulate that luxury hotel feeling.
- Add wall panelling to the walls (this is easily done if you like a little DIY) to give a more sophisticated look to the decor.
- Use luxury candles throughout the property to add beautiful scents and stylish accessories in all rooms.
- Keep colour schemes simple and neutral. Greens, taupes and nudes all make for tasteful base colours from which to build your look.
- Continue the colour palette ideas throughout the home creating a cohesive, calm space that oozes sophistication.
- In the dining area, use crisp white linen on the table and use excellent quality dinners sets to set the tone for a luxury hotel inspired home.
- Use beautiful glassware. It doesn’t have to be expensive, the simpler the better, just ensure you have a full matching set.
- Keep clutter to a minimum by utilising clever storage around the home. Luxury hotels have fewer small pieces on display to aid the feeling of spaciousness.
- Create a spa like bathroom with beautiful bottles of bath products and creams. Decant less expensive lotions into stylish looking dispensers for a smart, cohesive look.
- Create light and space as much as you can. Luxury hotels always feel spacious so by keeping clutter to a minimum, dressing the windows (usually with blinds) and using good artificial lighting, you can recreate this feeling in your own home.
- Take inspiration from some of your favourite hotels. The Grand, York is a prime example, and as the only 5* hotel in Yorkshire it has some of the grandest and most elegant decor in the area.
- If space will allow in the bathroom, always add a free standing bath for that touch of decadence and indulgence.
- Add soft, sumptuous towels in simple whites to your bathroom space and don’t forget to hang a bath robe too.
- Use dramatic colour schemes in some parts of the home with rich, jewel colours taking centre stage for a sumptuous, inviting design.
- Add oversized home accessories when creating your luxury hotel inspired home to help give the feeling of opulence, and to minimise the sense of clutter.
- Create your own afternoon tea party when you invite guests for tea and use beautiful porcelain cake stands and tea sets.
When creating your luxury hotel inspired home don’t forget to take inspiration from magazines, blogs, Pinterest and of course, your favourite hotels. There are so many ideas you can bring back from your travels – just keep a note of them for future reference.
PIN FOR LATER:
Have you ever taken ideas from luxury hotels in your own home decor?
All images courtesy of The Grand, York.
The BEST Interior Stores in one Place!
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!
Download the FREE Guide now.
I understand that by downloading the guide I may receive direct marketing material in relation to interiors and lifestyle brands and products.