If you saw my recent living room reveal and video tour, you’ll have seen me mention how I would have loved shutters in this room. Alas it didn’t work out due to lead times and other complications but I’m still favouring them and thought a post on why you should consider them for your makeover would be fun and useful.
Why you NEED Shutters in your Home:
Here are my top 5 reasons why you should consider putting window shutters in your home:
- They are a premium product that offer quality and style to your windows, room and home. Whatever you choose to spend on your home and whatever budget you are working to, it’s always worth adding in a few quality pieces alongside those that cost less. It’s a great way to make your budget stretch further whilst maintaining a good quality finish on your makeover.
- Shutters will work with ANY style of room or decor, whether you prefer a minimalist look, maximalist style or anything in between. This has to be one of the main draws of using shutters in your home, they simple ‘go’ with anything.
- The colour of the wood can often be matched to a shade in your room scheme, allowing you to seamlessly incorporate the shutters into your designs. I love this feature that companies like Shutterly Fabulous can offer and it means you can create a home that’s perfectly styled and designed and looks like the professionals have been in. Who doesn’t want to create a home that looks professionally designed, right?
- They always fit. As plantation shutters are made to measure you know the fit is going to be spot on. Generally speaking, a fitter will come and measure your space and windows before you choose your style of shutter, so you know exactly what kind of sizings you need. The shutters will then be tailored and created exactly to your window measurements ensuring a perfect fit. Later, once they’ve been made, fitters will come and install the shutters so once again, you know that they fit will be exact, and the shutters looking their best.
- There are lots of different styles and looks, and they can be tailored to coordinate with the type of room too. From cafe shutters to tier on tier shutters, to solid panel wood shutters, to plantation shutters and so much more. There really is something for everyone and everyone’s differing tastes. I think we often think of the more easily recognised plantation shutters when we imagine shutters in our homes, but there are so many different styles, that you’re bound to find something that suits you and your home. Take the image below for example, cafe shutters create privacy but still allow a lot of light to flood the room, particularly great for a home office that needs lots of natural light.
If you’re looking for a great supplier with a reputation of quality, value and service, do check out Shutterly Fabulous through their website HERE
Would you consider shutters for your home? Or do they completely turn you off? They’re not always the cheapest option but they do last and will look AMAZING. That’s just my opinion of course, I’d love to hear yours.
Images: Courtesy of Shutterly Fabulous
The BEST Interior Stores in one Place!
A definitive guide to the online and high street interior shops I use for my home and the blog!
Download the FREE Guide now.
I understand that by downloading the guide I may receive direct marketing material in relation to interiors and lifestyle brands and products.